The Many Benefits of Journaling
Keeping a journal doesn't mean you have to write pages and pages every day. It's your personal space to express yourself in any way you wish.
Here are some benefits to journaling:
- Track your moods in order to self-regulate and find triggers
- Track your physical health to pinpoint factors that can be causing good and bad days
- Make pro and con lists when you're having trouble with a decision
- Keep special memories vivid for years to come
- Get secrets off of your chest safely
- List things you are grateful for, so you can reflect back when you're having a bad day
- Manifest the life you want to have
Journaling helps improve overall well-being by providing a space for you to be completely honest with yourself and write your truth. It can also highlight negative self-talk, so you can reframe your thoughts and grow as an individual. By writing out your problems, you can troubleshoot from another perspective and learn from those experiences.
I know what you're thinking. Who has the time? These days, there are many journal-style apps to choose from. Your thoughts are kept private and right at your fingertips for easy additions as the moment strikes you. Most apps even let you talk-to-text. No writing/typing/texting required!
We're all busy, but setting aside just a few minutes a day can change your outlook for the better. Isn't it worth it in the long run?
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published