Will it be painful as it passes? Possibly....but you won’t feel this way forever.
Feelings are tricky. They are not good or bad. They just are. How we interpret them is what causes us distress. Here are a few simple coping skills to manage emotions effectively.
- Identify what you are feeling.
- Allow yourself to feel the emotion without judging your response to the feeling.
- Embrace the emotion, and truly feel it in your body, without judgement.
- Express your emotion.
- Release the feelings. Releasing the feelings is one of the key components of distressing yourself.
- A few examples of this expression can include:
- Sharing your feelings with a friend
- Dance or another art form
What emotion do you want to identify, feel and express today?